Well you might have some travel plans coming up and whether you’re going someplace warm or someplace cold you won’t want to overspend.
Here are some ideas:
- For the best airfare, book 49 days in advance, or seven weeks. Studies show that’s when the fares tend to be the lowest.
- If you’re in a hurry, 3PM on a Tuesday is the best time to find the lowest current fares posted.
- Fly on a Tuesday, Wednesday or a Saturday. Those are the least traveled days, so fares are lower and in theory airports are less crowded
- Consider less popular airports near your destination. The fares there can be lower.
- Don’t assume round trip fares are the lowest. Sometimes, booking two one way tickets is less because you fly one direction on one airline and fly back home on another.
- And finally, call the airline directly and talk to an agent there. Sometimes they have access to lower fares than you’ll find online.
- And here’s a special tip. Ask about positioning flights, that’s when the airline simply has to move a plane. Those can be bargains.
With just a few small moves, you could arrive at your destination with some extra money to spend on whatever you want.
Do us a favor please, tell your friends about us so they can be smarter about their money too.