Does your home need a little facelift? If so, you might need to hire a contractor. Here are 5 questions to ask before you hire.
- How many projects like mine have you completed in the last year?
- You want to be sure this isn’t their first time at the rodeo.
- May I have a list of references?
- Then call them and ask if the job was completed on time, on budget, and did they clean up after themselves.
- Ask will my project require a permit?
- If you don’t get a permit when you should have one, selling the home later could get… complicated.
- What insurance do you carry?
- You want them to have coverage for personal liability, property damage and workers compensation so you’re not left high and dry.
- Will you be using subcontractors?
- If so, be sure they have insurance too.
Ask those 5 questions, and that little project is more likely to go just fine.
Do us a favor please. Tell your friends about us so they can be smarter about their money too.