Planning a wedding is one of the most exciting and stressful experiences of your life! From cake flavors and color schemes to bridal party attire and deciding on flowers, it can be enough to seriously consider eloping. One of the most difficult pieces of the wedding puzzle is setting and sticking to a budget. It seems as though any service is doubled after the word wedding is said and trying to figure out how to cover the expenses can be a daunting task. Once you’ve said "yes" and the wedding planning begins, budget is usually the first conversation that is had between the couple and any other family members involved. Look to these few tips to help relieve some of that budgeting pressure:
- Everyone should have a clear idea on what they will be financially responsible for and who will be responsible for each aspect of the day.
- Couples should do their due diligence when researching vendors and do not be afraid to try and haggle the price.
- Many websites exist where couples sell items used in their wedding such as centerpieces, lights, cake stands, décor, etc., for a discounted price. Most of these items have only been used once and are almost brand new!
- Local communities also have many beautiful public areas that can also host weddings for a small fee or no fee at all.
- Be sure to also check out your nearest garment district for fantastic deals on linens for table cloths and even decorations.
Of course, after finding the best deals, money still needs to be spent. Some couples haven’t had the time to save up money specifically for a wedding so researching low interest credits cards, personal loans, or even refinancing one’s home can all be feasible options.
With the stress of money set aside, enjoy this special time in your life and remember to soak in every moment of the day and not worry about the little things!